Chocolate must be a magical word because most of us start smiling and feeling better just mentioning it. 😉 The best of all is that chocolate is healthy, that is, pure dark chocolate, minimum 80 % cocoa unadulterated with milk, sugar or anything else. Antioxidant and stimulating, cocoa is both delicious and healthy.
Why am I telling you all this? Because this vegan dark chocolate cake is both delicious and healthy. Really. It contains no milk, little sugar and fat, and a lot of pure dark cocoa. It’s dairyfree and eggless, but so spongy and tasty you will not believe it!
Vegan dark chocolate cake (eggless dairyfree)
- Servings: 8 (o 6 chocoholic)
- Time: 60 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- 2 1/2 cups of flour, sifted
- 1 cup of panela (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup pure cocoa powder (sugarfree, of course!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/3 cups almond milk
- 2/3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple vinegar
- zest of one orange
- (optional) 1 vanilla pod
- (optional) 1 tbsp dried orange bits
- Preheat oven a 180 º C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients, orange zest, vanilla (the interior of the pod) and the orange bits.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet mix. Blend in until homogeneous.
- Pout in the baking tin of your choice and bake for 45-50 min 180 ºC.