I’ve just finished reading a novel about a London bakery and, of course, I rushed to the kitchen to bake something sweet and yummy. 😀
Unfortunately, I couldn’t use any of the recipes included in the novel because they were packed with butter and that’s my kryptonite. I’ll try to adapt some of those recipes when I have some time, but meanwhile let’s bake one of my favourite recipes: lemon, ginger and dark chocolate muffins. Yum!
Dairy free lemon, ginger and dark chocolate muffins
- Servings: yields 9 muffins
- Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- 4 egg whites, stiff
- 2 egg yolks (or none at all)
- 80 g panela or brown sugar
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 110 g orange juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 165 g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 100 g dark chocolate flakes
- Preheat oven 200 º C.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar until creamy.
- Add olive oil, orange juice and blend.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the mixture and blend.
- Add the ginger and lemon zest.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture very slowly.
- Finally, add the chocolate flakes.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes 200 º C.